Analytics Reporting - Looking Beyond the Hit!
Gone are the days of just recording a hit, we want to know everything about your visitors
We like to demonstrate the scientific nature of the internet and don't want you to think of online marketing (SEO and Pay Per Click Advertising) as somewhat of a dark art. We track and analyse web analytics data help us make informed decisions, offer accurate advice and make the correct adjustments to your campaign. Together with our own research and experience, web analytics allows us to present a logical rationale to support our methodology.
What does this means for me?
Well, you get a completely transparent service and a level of feedback no other marketing method can provide. This enables us to monitor and evaluate your campaign to make sure we maximise your ROI.
Organic/natural search engine traffic
When evaluating our SEO/PPC performance, we are primarily concerned with looking at the "keywords" area under "traffic sources". We can filter between natural and PPC traffic to get a breakdown of your valuable terms.
The graph below is a 3 month snapshot of a Harrogate Bed & Breakfast web analytics. This shows growth in natural search engine traffic compared to the same peak season last year before undertaking our SEO.
Keywords page shows number of 'visits' is up 230% compared to 2008, and also gives us an indication of the quality of the visits as well using the following metrics:
- Visits: the total (not unique) number of people clicking through to your site through search engines.
- Pages/Visits: the number of page people click through when visiting your site.
- Avg. Time on site: the time spent browsing the website.
- New Visits: percentage of traffic that have never been to your site before.
- Bounce Rate: is when a visitor leaves your site without clicking on another page.
These user metrics can be applied to each individual keywords to assess performance compared to ranking positions, SEO efforts and conversions.
Further Understanding Customers
Yes we can record visits, but as advanced Google Analytics users we can collect more information than you think about the people you visit your site e.g.
- Why do people visit your site and what do like to do while they're there?
- Where and why are visitors abandoning specific pages? My shopping cart?
- What directories I've submitted to send me the best customers? My most valuable customers?
- What are your most popular product? What marketing has been successful?
- What marketing medium brings you your best ROI? With what visitor segment?
- Is your design or navigate putting people off? Where we need to look at usability?
- For PPC which keywords should you bid on? How much should I bid? Which ads performed the best?
Research, Analysis, Experience
Let us get bogged down in statistics, so that you don't need to. We will always try and communicate traffic statistics to you plain and simple English with honest advice and insightful help throughout.
At STAG Marketing we work to get the most out of your account. We are completely transparent in everything we do, the reason why? Because we can back up everything we say and do. We take a scientific approach to internet marketing and track all our activities to ensure we get you the best results!